- April 15, 2020
- Posted by: Hevenz
- Categories: Articles, News, Publications
The Institute of Management Consultants Nigeria is pleased to inform participants of Membership/ Fellowship Induction and the CMC Certification Seminar by Online Distance Learning for the month of May 2020.
This is the highest grade of the Institute’s Membership and is reserved for accomplished professionals of your level and status in the profession. This is not an invitation to receive an Honorary Fellowship. You are well and appropriately educated in your field of professional calling. You have ample knowledge and experience that makes you suitable to add Management Consultancy as a platform to offer your knowledge and expertise as a commodity in the knowledge economy. So, the Institute of Management Consultants is extending this humble invitation to you to consider the possibility of becoming a full professional member of the Institute. We believe your knowledge and experience can add value to what we have been doing over the years. We also believe that we can contribute to making your professional knowledge available to society through the platform of Management Consultancy
NEGATIVE IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND THE WAY FORWARD
The impact of COVID-19 on managers, leaders and consultants has been devastating, to say the least. 2020 plans and budgets have been disrupted. A time like this demands of leaders, Consultants and managers to engage in reflection and thinking about the way forward. The Institute of Management Consultants is stepping forward to facilitate a seminar that will bring leaders, consultants and managers together to share perspectives and experiences to chat the way forward in view of the devastating effect of COVID-19.
Under normal circumstances, we usually convene our seminars, workshops and conferences by bringing people together who come from different States and who had to travel to our conference destinations such as Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt, Ibadan and Enugu. However, COVID-19 has succeeded in locking us down in our individual towns and homes. That notwithstanding, we need to go forward as leaders, consultants and managers. The way forward in these circumstances is to hold a highly interactive and impactful seminar by Online Distance Learning with the same end result leading to the award of fellowship of the Institute and assessment for the award of the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
HOW DOES THE IMC FELLOWSHIP AND CMC CERTIFICATION WORKSHOP BY ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING WORK?
From past experience, some delegates invited for the IMC Fellowship and CMC Certification Workshop do request to participate in the training programme through Online Distance Learning. Some of these delegates are engaged in other equally important assignments which clash with the dates designated for the Certification Workshop, such delegates undertake the workshop by receiving the seminar manuals which they study and respond accordingly to the questions that are sent along with the learning material. This practice has worked very satisfactorily. Now that COVID-19 has brought about lockdown and travel bans in many parts of the country, we can resort to this Online Distance Learning Option which has proved effective in the past.
BENEFITS OF IMC MEMBERSHIP
- In addition to your Fellowship Certificate on the day of induction, you will take path in the CMC certification workshop through Online Distance Learning which qualifies you for assessment for the designation as a certified management consultant (CMC) which is granted under authorization by the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI). This is the highest qualification any management consultant can aspire to attain. It is globally accepted and it is reciprocally recognized in over 50 countries.
- Membership of the IMC affords you a unique opportunity of direct involvement with a growing body of senior professionals, exchanging ideas through seminars, roundtable discussions, and setting new standards.
- Membership consists of professional persons with shared values, standards and objectives. As such, it is a community and network of professionals and experienced experts, many of whom are internationally respected management experts, consultants, researchers and educators.
- You will have access to information and services on consulting strategies and techniques. A journal, newsletter and special research reports keep members informed about emerging issues in the profession, locally and internationally.
- Client information. As a service to clients, IMC maintains extensive files on management consultants and provides information regarding consultants with particular skills. MIMCs are usually cited for client selection because their credentials are known
- IMC affords you a unique opportunity for self-development and also contributes to making your professional knowledge available to society through the platform of Management Consultancy.
- As a member of the IMC, you are eligible to attend meetings of the ICMCI where opportunities abound for international networking among experts
- Recently, a Quality Management System has been developed for management consultancy services. It is known as ISO 20700 Quality Management system. As a member of the IMC, you are eligible to apply, assessed and be certified in accordance with Guidelines of ISO 20700.
- Members and fellows of the IMC are eligible to apply to undergo the assessment process that can lead to the ISO20700 Quality Management System certification. This is the ISO Quality Management Standard recently approved for certification for management consultancy services.
10.Membership of the IMC provides an excellent opportunity for networking among members made possible by our regular seminars and conferences within Nigeria, and globally, through the meetings and conferences of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).
IMC FELLOWSHIP AND CMC CERTIFICATION WORKSHOP BY ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
In addition to your Fellowship, and even more importantly, you will participate in the Certification Workshop which makes you eligible to be assessed for approval as a Certified Management Consultant (CMC). The CMC (Certified Management Consultant) qualification is granted under the authorization of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI). The IMC-Nigeria is a full member of the International Council of management consulting Institutes (ICMCI). The IMC-Nigeria has authority of the international council to assess practitioners and award the CMC qualification to professionals who meet the requirements set down for the CMC Designation.
The CMC Certification is the highest qualification any management consultant can aspire to attain. It is globally accepted and it is reciprocally recognized in over 50 countries. Visit www.ICMCI.org for more details and the value of the CMC qualification.
If this invitation and nomination is acceptable to you, please send an acceptance email to email@example.com. If you need any clarification on any matter mentioned in this invitation, you may call the Programme Officer, Ms Cynthia Aer on 08172686981. We shall be happy to hear from you.
So, How Does The IMC Fellowship And CMC Certification Workshop Work?
- If you accept your nomination for fellowship and CMC Certification Workshop, you will send an email to indicate your acceptance.
- You will send your professional profile by e-mail.
- Pay the participation fee of ₦150,000 for the IMC Fellowship and CMC Certification Workshop
- You will receive the Workshop Material and the feedback questions immediately.
- You have between one to two weeks to study the material and respond to the questions.
- Send your answers to the Director General (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A Committee at the IMC Headquarters will vet the answers on the same day your work is received. The committee may interact with you or seek to clarify issues by email, telephone or Whatsapp in the course of its assessment.
- You will be informed of the Committee’s decision the same day.
- Your Certificates shall be prepared and couriered to you within one week.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE-DISTANCE LEARNING CERTIFICATION WORKSHOP
- You do not have to travel, which renders fears of COVID-19 totally irrelevant.
- You do not have to be in a conference or seminar with other participants which makes it safe from COVID-19
- You can work at your pace since you alone can determine the progress, speed and completion of your work.
- Despite the devastating effect of COVID-19, the Online Distance Learning Workshop is still possible.
- Those who have accepted and participated in the Online Distance Learning Certification Workshop are welcome to attend the physical conference whenever the obstacles created by COVID-19 are resolved. They will not have to pay anything to attend the physical workshop.
For the May 2020 Online Distance Learning Certification Workshop, participants may register any day from now up to May 27, 2020.
PARTICIPATION FEE: ₦150,000
PARTICIPATION FEE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION
Participants at the Certification workshop may pay by Electronic Transfer, Cash Deposit, or Bank Draft. Participants are kindly requested to pay their participation fee into any of the accounts below:
Bank Name: Wema
Account Name: IMC-ICMCI Global
Account Number: 0122900284
Bank Name: Union Bank
Account Name: Institute of Management Consultants
Account Number: 0020764888
KEY TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN THE TRAINING
The workshop will cover the following Topics among others:
- The Code of Ethical Conduct for Management Consultants
- The Uniform Body of Knowledge (UBK) for Management Consultants
- The Management Consulting Process
- Client-Consultant Relations
- Marketing of Management Consultancy Services
- ISO 20700 quality Management system for Management Consultancy Services
- Typical Management Consultancy Contracts and other related matters.
- Proposal Writing for Management Consultants
- Report Writing for Management Consultants
- Management Consultancy Competency Model
- The role of IMC-Nigeria and the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes
Personal Capacity Building For Post COVID-19 Economy
It is important for leaders, consultants, managers and experts to take the issue of training, self development and capacity building seriously at this time. COVID-19 has disrupted the entire world economy. Experts like your good self have a duty to themselves and to society to retool themselves in preparation to face the challenges of Post COVID-19 economy.The destruction which COVID-19 has visited on every country will require consultants, advisers and experts to help their countries and the companies, small enterprises and individual entrepreneurs to come out of the impending economic recession. This is the compelling reason why you need to take part in this Certification Workshop
We invite you to enroll today for this important capacity building and certification workshop.By participating in this workshop, you will become part of a global network of Certified Management Consultants, making you an internationally recognized consultant.
We are anxiously looking forward to receiving your acceptance.
If this invitation and nomination is acceptable to you, please send an acceptance email to email@example.com. If you need any clarification on any matter mentioned in this invitation, you may call the Programme Officer, Ms. Cynthia Aer on 08172686981. We shall be happy to hear from you.
Professor David Iornem, FIMC, CMC